2. What Information is Collected.
(a) Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information that you submit or enter on our Site, or that you provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information to us, in which case you may not be able to take advantage of all of the services and features of this Site.
i. Personally Identifiable Information. We do not require you to provide Personally Identifiable Information in order to have access to general information available on our Site. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific user. When you engage in certain activities on our Site, or through one of our network providers or vendors that may be linked through our Site, such as requesting an appointment through one of our network providers, requesting our E-newsletter, creating an account, signing in to your account, filling out patient forms, paying for services, filling out a survey, sending us or our partners feedback, requesting information about our services, or applying for employment, you may be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information, including but not limited to your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, log in and passwords, credit card or Paypal account information, or related information. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is mandatory while other information may be voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
ii. Account Information. In order to provide you with certain services through the Site or one of the websites linked through our Site, you may be required to create an Account (“Account”) and provide us with information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card or Paypal account information for payment services, log-in and a password that you will use for your Account, and other specified information. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. If you are sharing a computer with anyone, you should always log-out before leaving the Site to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
iii. Purchases. Our Site may provide links to third-party service providers to process transactions on our behalf or on behalf of our network providers. Any third-party service providers will have their own privacy policies, which you may review on their websites.
iv. Events. We may provide you, via the Site, with the opportunity to contact us, post information about you and/or your experiences with us, receive a newsletter, or participate in promotional or other programs (collectively, “Events”). In order to participate in any of these Events, you will be required to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information which may include your name, company, job title, address, email address, and phone number so that we may communicate with you.
(b) Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you automatically disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. Like many other websites, the Site may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system you use to access the Site, the date and time you access the Site, the pages you visit, and the addresses of pages from where you followed a link to the Site. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, and track user’s movement around the Site. Such information is not linked to any Personally Identifiable Information, with the exception of the IP address which might be used for fraud prevention purposes or to identify spamming attempts.
3. How and When the Information Collected is Used. The information we collect is used for administering our business activities. Occasionally, we may use the information to notify you about changes to our website, new services, or special offers. We may transfer your Personally Identifiable Information within PRN, its affiliates and its network providers, but only to provide or improve the Site or services provided to you. Please note that such sharing may involve the collection use, storage, or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information outside the United States of America.
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: If you submit Personally Identifiable Information to us through the Site:
i. We will use your Personally Identifiable Information to improve our services to you and to better tailor your website experience to your interests, to show you content in which you may be interested and to display the content according to your preferences. We will also use your Personally Identifiable Information to identify and authenticate your access to the Site’s services that you are authorized to access.
iii. Unless you opt out, we will also use your Personally Identifiable Information to send you updates, a newsletter, or news regarding our services or special promotions. You may choose not to receive emails of this kind by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe”. It may take up to ten (10) days for us to process an opt-out request.
iv. When you pay for services through a website linked to our Site, your credit card number or other payment account number, billing address and other information related to such purchase (collectively, “Payment Information”) may be collected. The Payment Information that you provide will be used to bill you for services. By providing your Payment Information, you authorize use of such information to process your credit card or other payment account number.
vii. We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information or any information you submitted via the Site as part of an actual or contemplated purchase, transfer, sale of services or assets (e.g. in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets).
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information within PRN and its affiliates and with our agents, outside vendors or service providers, or others, for any purpose. We may use this information for our own research and commercial purposes to improve the functionality of the Site, troubleshoot, administer the Site, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also disclose this information to our agents, outside vendors or service providers or others to perform functions on our behalf, e.g. analyze data, analyze the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content and programming, or provide marketing assistance.
4. How We Protect Your Information. The privacy and protection of your Personally Identifiable Information is important to us. We do not make any Personally Identifiable Information available to third parties, except as provided herein, without your permission.
We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard the information you share with us from unauthorized access and disclosure. We also use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personally Identifiable Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic transmission or storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive such information. We assume no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information during such transfers. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when communicating with us. You are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of any password you use in connection with the Site. If you have any questions about security on the Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. HIPAA. Our use and disclosure of certain of your information may be subject to the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations (“HIPAA”) and applicable state law. Any information that you submit to us that constitutes “Protected Health Information,” as defined by HIPAA, is subject to HIPAA and applicable state law. The term “Protected Health Information” or “PHI” refers to individually identifiable health information about your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, the provision of health care to you or the past, present or future payment for such care. If any information collected on the Site constitutes PHI, then our Notice of Privacy Practices will apply.
8. Children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through this Site without receiving parental consent. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 through this Site, you can email us at email@example.com.
9. How You Can Access Your Information. This Site allows you to modify or remove certain Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us by following the instructions to modify your user information on the Site. To the extent that such information is stored in our databases, we will respond to your changes as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that although this information will not be available on the Site after you delete it, the information may remain stored indefinitely in our backup and archival records.
12. Applicable Law. We comply with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States of America and makes no representation that this Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations, or that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
14. Notice of Privacy Rights in California. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to PRN, 2035 Corte Del Nogal, Suite 200, Carlsbad, CA 92011. Please include the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you write to us by mail. You must also include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We may provide the requested information in a standard format that is not specific to you. Please allow thirty (30) days for a response.